Manga Artists' Guild

A division of the SHS Manga Club* that focuses its attention on members who love to draw in the manga style as much as read it. This blog serves as an art gallery where artists can display their work and other artists, as well as non-artists, can comment and critique. *SHS Manga Club's Blog/Homepage: http://shsmanga.blogspot.com/

Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Meeting+ Some art

RAWR!



I've got many loverly new pieces for you. Since being presented at the Manga Club meeting the other day, I have a feeling we're going to get plenty of publicity now. Now, if you're looking for the music tutorial, it's in the post below. Have a look if you like, but for now, humor me a moment so I can talk about the meeting on Wednesday.


Wednesday's Manga Club meeting was anything but boring. After Haley of Anime Freeker gave a demo of how to change one's blog template (using my blog, actually. Isn't it spiffy?) I was asked to give a presentation of how one puts music on one's blog, the tutorial to which is on my blog now. I also was asked a few questions about the Guild! Yay! Hopefully I'll have new art on the way soon. As an added bonus, while I was explaining the rules of what you can post, I got a few laughs out of the otakus in the corner when I used the word "hentai" to describe what you can't post. Hahaha. Pervs. Then today, we watched Ghost Hunt, which was funny, but nothing special. Claymore was better.


Okay, artsy time! Enjoy!







This is a very stylize pen-and-ink sketch of the main ad picture for an anime series called Black Blood Brothers done by Andrew M. He changed the character's hair and hat and gave him facial hair. It's different, but cool in its own respects. VERY different from the cutesy stuff we've seen so far, yeah? Also, hooray for another new artist joining the fold! Hopefully Haley will join us as well soon...





This is a drawing by Rita H. It appears to depict Tohru Honda from the series Fruits Basket a.k.a "Furuba". Tohru's the main character for those of you who don't know. This is a pretty simple pencil sketch, but it has a delicate look to it.


Now I shall introduce you to Celery. He's a simply ADORABLE kitty-cat drawn by Rita H. Rita claims this was nothing but a fluke, but she's got talent. The thick lines and simplistic form give it a very childish, "chibi" look. The lines, I also noticed, are accented, which makes it look more freeform and loose.




Now you shall have to humor another of my drawings. I was only going to put up the artwork of others on this post, but it was requested that I post this as well because I actually had patience enough to do *drumroll please* A BACKGROUND! Whoot. And it's got one-point perspective. Amazing! I can't believe I actually sat still long enough to do all this. I so lazy sometimes.
Aaaaaaaaaanyway, that's all for today! Hope you enjoyed the artwork! Please leave comments!
If you have art you'd like to submit, please come and talk to me. You can also probably ask Ashley L., Haley C., or Kasey S. to deliver things to me. I can be found in the Library A Lunch and in the cafeteria B Lunch. Also, during fourth block on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, I have no class, so I'm typically in the library.
By the way, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYONE!





0 comments: